Prize Bond

LONDON: The father of a girl woman whose brutal rape and torture provoked international outrage said in an interview published on Sunday that he wanted her name to be made public so she could be an inspiration to other victims of sexual assault. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

The 23-year-old physiotherapy student died on December 28 in a Singapore hospital, two weeks after a gang rape on a bus in New Delhi that ignited street protests across India and prompted promises from the government for tougher punishments for offenders. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

"We want the world to know her real name," the girl's father told Britain's Sunday People newspaper. all prize bond result s, prize bond formula, prize bond list

"My daughter didn't do anything wrong, she died while protecting herself," he added. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

"I am proud of her. Revealing her name will give courage to other women who have survived these attacks. They will find strength from my daughter." all prize bond results, prize bond schedule formula, prize bond list

The paper named the father and his daughter, saying that the father had given his permission, but added that it would not publish a photo of her at the family's request. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

The father had already called for new legislation on sex crimes to be named in honour of his daughter. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

Reuters has opted not to identify the victim because Indian authorities have banned the media from doing so. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

Five men have been charged with her gang rape and murder and will appear in a New Delhi court on Monday. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

 DELHI: I might have passed this over as a routine risk that women in Delhi live with. But now I think the story should be told, especially after Nirbhaya's friend has revealed that none of the 50-odd auto-rickshaws at the Saket malls agreed to take Nirbhaya and him to their destination. If one of them had, they wouldn't have taken that deadly bus and Nirbhaya might have been alive. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

My story is just two days old. On Thursday at around 6 pm, I was waiting for an auto-rickshaw at Badli Mor near Rohini with my sisters. After about ten minutes, one auto-rickshaw stopped. We wanted to go to Model Town. But the driver didn't want to go there. But as it was getting dark and we were anxious to reach home, we told him, "You can't say 'no'. We can file a complaint against you." all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

The driver changed tack. He demanded a large amount for the trip. We told him to go by the meter and charge 50% more. He simply refused. Once again we warned him - that we would complain to the police about his behaviour and his arbitrary demands. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

Suddenly the driver whipped out his cellphone, turned around, and clicked our picture. His gruff voice turned menacing: "Tu complaint to kar, mai batata hun (You just try filing a complaint, I'll show you what I can do.)" An argument followed and I called the police control room at 100. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

I informed 100 that the driver of the auto-rickshaw with the registration number 'DL 1RM 9979' had abused us, and on protesting, had taken our pictures and threatened us with dire consequences. The voice at the other end gave me another number - 27854799 - and said that the area I was in came under the jurisdiction of the police who would attend to my call.

I tried calling up this number several times but the line kept on beeping. I tried the women's helpline, 181, but it went on ringing. We had, in the meantime, flagged down another auto-rickshaw. He agreed to take us to Model Town. The earlier driver, now visibly angry, rushed towards us. His threat was chilling: "Agar meri complain kari to main tere ko kahin ka nahin chhodunga (If you complain against me, you won't be in a position to face anyone after that.)" all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

I stay with my sisters away from my family. And the threat really shook me to the core. We were going home, but decided to head towards a friend's place in Kamla Nagar, scared that the threatening driver might follow us home. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

When I called 100 once again, a lady told me that the police coming under the Badli Mor jurisdiction could take any action in this case. I waited and some time called again to verify the auto-rickshaw's registration number to the control room. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

After 30 minutes, I got a call from a PCR van. The policeman asked me, "Madamji, could you please tell me in which direction the auto-wallah went?" "How will I know," I said. "We left Badli Mor 30 minutes ago." I told him that my complaint should be registered, but the policeman said only after the driver is challaned, would I be able file an FIR against him.

Finally at 8.30 pm I got a call from a traffic police officer in Rohini. He told me: "The number I have complained against is not registered. But we still will try to trace him." all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

Great! The driver of a public transport vehicle threatening me with the worst kind of violence, was traceless. This was the last call I received from the police. When I tried calling the traffic officer back on the number I had received the previous call from, it went on ringing. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list

I made another call to 181. This is the response I got: "Go to the Delhi Police website, to the transport section, and first file a complaint there." The person who answered the call didn't bother to ask me any further details, let alone ask for the registration number of the auto-rickshaw.

I know I live in a very unsafe city. all prize bond results, prize bond formula, prize bond list
Share your views
CHENNAI: Chemical castration to reduce the male libido isn't an idea that came after the death of the rape victim in Delhi. For several years, women from all walks of life across the country have walked into doctors' clinics with requests to bring down their men's sexual urge. The reasons, in most cases, have been incest and violent sexual behaviour, say leading sexologists.

Last year, Radhika*, a homemaker in Chennai told sexologist Dr D Narayana Reddy that she wanted her husband to take drugs that would reduce his libido so he would stop raping their daughter. But the man refused to go to the clinic. "I told her that it was important for her husband to undergo an evaluation. She agreed, but never brought him to the clinic. She came to me twice later asking for help. I told her I could do nothing without the patient's consent," says Dr Reddy.

Mumbai-based sexologist Dr Prakash Kothari says he has received similar requests from several women for reasons including marital rape. "Libido can increase in men following some chronic ailments. Some of my patients who had epilepsy or cancer of the frontal lobe of the brain have had such complaints," he says.

In most cases men did not cooperate, as they knew it would lower the testosterone to pre-puberty levels, but a few have volunteered. Delhi-based sexologist Dr Ajit Saxena recalls the case of a 31-year-old professional, married for five years, who sought treatment that could help him keep off women. "He said that sex was all the time on his mind. He could not focus on work or let his wife be in peace at home. I gave him the drugs after counselling with the help of a psychiatrist. It worked," he says.

Sexologists and andrologists say that chemical castration can dramatically lower sexual drive, but there is disagreement about whether it is an ideal solution to prevent rape. The process would require daily oral drugs or frequent injections to keep the hormone levels low. "Once the effect of the medicine fades away, the hormone levels increase. There is no way to ensure a periodic follow up," says Dr Saxena. Since most of the prescription drugs can be bought over the counter, such men can afford to buy drugs that nullify the effect of chemical castration.

But they don't believe even physical castration would stop sexual assaults on women. "For most rapists, the pleasure is not just in the sexual act. The man gets a high by showing his dominance and making the woman submissive. It's more in the mind," says Dr Reddy, pulling out the case sheet of a woman who suffered a vaginal tear after a drunk inserted a foreign object into her vagina.

"What they need is psychiatric counselling and therapy to wean away from sexual addiction and perversion. I don't mean to say their punishment term should be reduced as they suffer from a psychiatric problem. The punishment order should mandate them to attend therapy sessions," he says.

Several countries like the US have behaviour rehabilitation and sex offender treatment centres for rapists and those who repeatedly molest women. No such centres are available in India. Dr Kothari recommends a solution could be better sex education for boys in schools. "It's not to teach them what they should do during an intercourse, but to teach them what they should not. They should be taught to respect women."